|My collection of books from Macmillan Collector's Library and Everyman's Library.|
|All of my copies of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.|
|My collection of Penguin Clothbound Classics.|
|One of my favourite shelves, featuring a picture from London.|
- Before I started to collect fiction and non-fiction books, I had been a collector of art and cook books. I don't buy them anymore but I still keep the old ones.
- The first novel I ever bought for myself was The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks in Czech translation. I still have the same copy on my shelf.
- I have started collecting books in 2012 and haven't stoped ever since.
- I own 680 books in Czech language and 460 in English, which makes 1208 of books in total.
- Authors I own the most books of are Jane Austen (37 books), Cecelia Ahern (11 books), Sarah Dessen (14 books), Charles Dickens (12 books), J. K. Rowling (22 books), Nicholas Sparks (14 books), L. M. Montgomery (10 books) and Neil Gaiman (9 books). I am counting duplicates too, in case you're wondering...
- When I moved from London back to the Czech Republic, I brought 115kg of books with me, all of which I collected during my strolls through local bookshops there.
- I do have six bookshelves in my room, which contain all of my books. One I bought in Ikea. The rest five were made by my Dad.
- I own six different editions of my favourite Jane Austen's novel, Sense and Sensibility.
- I also own one book in Italian language, even though I don't speak Italian. But I've read the book in Czech, and for the record, I loved it so much more than The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. In English, the book is called White Like Milk, Red Like Blood by Alessandro D'Avenia.
- I own 8 signed books. But then, only two of them I really care for. They being Irises and The memory of Light by Fancisco X. Stork. I love all of his books entirely.
- Some of my favourite books I own in Czech as well as in English language.
- The oldest book on my shelf is a Czech book called Psohlavci by Alois Jirásek. My copy is from 1917.
- I wish I had someone to whom I could bequeath all of my books one day.
- Unfortunatelly, the vast majority of books on my shelves have never been read by me. But I solemnly swear I do intend to read every single one of them.
|Here I keep my Anne of Green Gables series as well as some books by Noel Streatfeild, Daphne Du Maurier and the Brontë sisters.|
|A stack of my current favourite coffee table books.|
|A copy of Pride and Prejudice with a stamp of The Notting Hill Bookshop in it.|
|A pile of Parisian-ish books that I keep on my bureau.|
|Bookshelves above my desk, which contain most of my translated books.|