12 Bookish Facts About Me
I've posted something like that in the past here. And I remember that it reaped some success by then. So I've decided to write down another bookish confessions about me. I've been always admitting that I am an odd kind of reader, and I think you will agree after reading this. Anyways, I hope you enjoy. And don't forget to disclose something about you in the comment section below. We can be odd together...
- The first book review I've ever posted on this blog was for Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork and the first book I've ever read in English was Irises by the same author.
- I am willing to spend money for a desirable book instead of buying a lunch even if it means that I'll be starving till supper.
- I own four copies of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë in English, three copies in Czech and one in Slovak language.
- I've tried to read Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling many times in Czech language but I've never been able to finish even the first book. But since I've started to read it in English, I fell in love with the whole series.
- My aunt had a dream about me working in a bookshop four years ago. And now I really have a job in a bookshop.
- I moved to London because I wanted to live in a city with hundreds of bookshops, in other words - in a city of books.
- I watch The Jane Austen Book Club every single month. And even though I've seen that movie countless times, I still laugh and cry at the same parts.
- Reading books helped me to heal my soul after struggling with anorexia.
- I intend to read every single book in Top 200 BBC Book List.
- I have a playlist full of piano songs on my YouTube chanel that I listen to when I feel lonely while reading books.
- Whether it sounds really silly - sometimes, when I am selling a book, it's really hard for me to part with it.
- This is very embarrassing, but I've got to admit that I've never read The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, although I've tried to do that when I was a little.